Read our latest newsletter.
Our Capitol is more than a top tourist attraction. It is where Oregonians go to face the challenges of our state’s future.
The Oregon State Capitol Foundation Board of Directors is passionate about our Capitol and your role in the history made there.
Our Board takes your investment in our work seriously. Together, we are preserving our Capitol, sharing its history and engaging Oregonians in our democracy. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Veterans, we salute you!
It is important to remember and preserve our history. As Veterans Day approaches, we remember and honor those who served, their sacrifices and those of their families.
The Foundation’s fall 2021 newsletter honors Oregon veterans. Thanks to these selfless individuals, Oregonians enjoy the freedom of debate and open discussion within the walls of our Capitol.
- Together, we’re inspiring a love of our Capitol, its history and our democracy through exciting projects and programs such as:
- Oregon Capitol Welcome Center.
- Governors’ portraits.
- Capitol names.
- Capitol alumni reunion.
- Oral histories.
- New education committee promoting civics education.
- Legislator database.
- Jane Cease recognized with Bell Award from Foundation.
- The Oregon State Capitol Foundation is revealing our new logo.
- Retro your ride with Pacific Wonderland license plates.
- Please join us in remembering these remarkable Oregonians.
- Trivia: What Oregon served as a senator from 1987 to 1997 and a representative from 2009 to 2018 before returning to serve in the Oregon State Senate in 2021?
- Honoring OSCF founding member Frankie Bell.
- Oregon’s virtual birthday and anniversary of statehood celebration goes virtual.
- Shout out to a few of Oregon’s influential Black political leaders.
- Meet the Foundation’s new officers.
- Virtual tour of the Capitol available in English, Spanish and Mandarin.
- Former representative Gary Wilhelms releases new book.
- You’re helping preserve Oregon’s history: What do Ellen Lowe and Gerry Frank have in common?
- Got cabin fever? Explore your Capitol and learn about Oregon history from home.
- Democracy in action: YMCA Youth and Government.
- Calling all Capitol alumni: Join us at future reunions.
- Capitol improvements: The Capitol Accessibility, Maintenance and Safety project, capitol benches and Oregon Liberty Bell restoration.
- The Foundation launches its new blog.
- Remembering extraordinary Oregonians.
- Cherry Blossom Day in Salem.
- Oregon celebrates 161 years of statehood.
- Did you know? Fun facts about the Oregon Liberty Bell.
- Commemorating the centennial of the ratification of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Woman suffrage.
- Preserving stories about Oregon’s history.
- Remembering remarkable Oregonians.
- Become a champion of preserving our Capitol and the history it represents.
- A Tribute to Veterans honors military service members.
- Holidays at the Capitol: A time-honored family tradition.
- Upcoming exhibits, displays and events: Visit your Capitol to discover, explore and engage.